Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 02 August 2012 14:26 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 289
Tamale, Aug. 2, GNA - Security personnel from the Northern Electricity Distribution Company (NEDCo) has arrested one Ibrahim for allegedly tampering with the electric power distribution network at Nyohini in Tamale.
Mr David Adomako-Mensah, Acting Director of Services at NEDCo, said in a statement on Wednesday that the culprit was arrested upon a tip-off.
He said the man was arrested near the Nyohini Vocational Training Center when he was tempering with the meter and was handed over to the police.
Mr Adomako-Mensah reminded the public that it was an offence to interfere with a public utility distribution system and installations and any person or group of persons caught would face the law.
He appealed to the public to volunteer information leading to the arrest of any person who engaged in illegal act within its power distribution system for rewards.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.