Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 02 August 2012 14:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 328
Kumasi, Aug 2, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a 35-year- old unemployed to five years imprisonment for swindling a nurse of GH¢5,600.00 under the pretext of buying her a car.
Jerry Nii Obeng Ankrah pleaded guilty to the offence.
Police Chief Inspector Comfort Baffour-Kyei told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amo-Yartey that the convict and the lady victim, Adutwumwaa Frimpong, met on Facebook in March and he proposed marriage to her.
She accepted the proposal and in that very same month Ankrah, who lives in Accra, paid her a three-day visit in Kumasi. He convinced her that he could buy her a vehicle, which she could operate commercially and she fell for the bait.
The prosecution said Adutwumwaa raised the amount through a loan and gave it to Ankrah but he went into hiding and realizing that she had been duped she made a report to the police.
Investigations led to his arrest.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.