Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 11:32 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 253
Kumasi, Aug 7, GNA - The Ashanti Regional Police Command has arrested two suspected fraudsters, who have swindled unsuspecting people of their monies, under the pretext of helping them to get employment.
The suspects, Kwadwo Afriyie, 45, and Mark Yama, 26, who were apprehended on August 3, were being held in police custody.
The Regional Police Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Augustine Gyening, confirmed these to journalists at a briefing in Kumasi.
He said Afriyie posed as police officer and took GH¢120.00 from a victim under the guise of helping him to be enlisted into the Ghana Police Service.
DCOP Gyening said Afriyie went into hiding after collecting the amount.
DCOP Gyening said a police recruitment medical laboratory form, police recruitment form and a letter announcing the postponement of the recruitment training to September 30, this year, were recovered from Afriyie.
The Police Commander said Yama posed as a human resource agent of a non-existent Gold Consult Internet Company in Kumasi, who was recruiting marketing personnel for the company.
DCOP Gyening took GH¢15.00 each from 15 job seekers as interview fee.
The Regional Commander said Yama asked the victims to meet him at the Adehyeman Gardens from where he would send them to the company’s office but he never showed up.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.