Category: Crime Created on Friday, 21 September 2012 07:33 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 281
Breman Asikuma (C/R), Sept. 20, GNA – Ten people who caused damage to property valued at GH₵358.00 belonging to Pastor Samuel Mireku Agyiri, General Overseer of the Assemblies of God Church, have been bonded for 12 months by the Breman Asikuma Magistrate Court.
In default, they would serve six months imprisonment. The court also ordered them to pay GH₵400.00 as compensation to the Pastor.
The convicts are Abena Ason, 52, Adwoa Nyarkoaa, 33, Kofi Fynn 28, Kojo Mensah, 38, Kwame Kwaduu, 30, and Kwasi Ogoe, 35, t all farmers from Breman Ayip near Breman Asikuma.
The rest are Yaa Kyerewaa, 32, seamstress, Yaw Ogoe, 35, driver, Kwaku Agyei 30, mason, and Kwasi Aduah, 21, carpenter.
Properties destroyed included one glass centre table, trap doors, five pieces of floor tiles and four pieces of louver blades.
They pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to cause unlawful damage and causing damage.
Abena Ason and her son Kwaku Agyei were given an additional charge of abetment of crime, while the remaining eight were accused of unlawful entry.
Prosecuting, Police Inspector Daniel Tawiah, told the court presided over by Mr Justice Clement Asomah, that there had been a family dispute over the death of a member from the family.
Inspector Tawiah said Abena Ason was allegedly pronounced to be a witch by Pastor Mireku Agyiri and the convicts went to the Pastor’s house but met his absence.
When the pastor arrived they asked to pray for Abena Ason to confess that she was a witch but the pastor refused and this resulted in a misunderstanding and this led to the destruction of his property.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.