Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 21 February 2012 19:34 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 257
Accra, Feb. 21, GNA - The Fast Track High Court, will on Thursday, March 8, decide whether to grant a motion seeking to freeze the accounts of Alfred Agbesi Woyome, the businessman saddled in the GHȼ 51.2 million judgment debt.
This was after the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) had filed a motion to review the court’s order to freeze additional accounts and other financial assets of Woyome.
The court on January 19, gave an order for Woyome’s accounts with Agriculture Development Bank to be frozen.
At the court presided over by Mr Justice Bright Mensah, EOCO’s Attorney, Ms Diana Adu Anane, said further investigations undertaken by the office had led to the discovery of other accounts with other banks and additional financial assets of Woyome.
Based on the revelation, Ms Anane said her outfit had filed for a review or variation of the court’s order so that the bank accounts and other financial assets of Woyome could be frozen.
Meanwhile, lawyers of Woyome have vehemently opposed to the motion because the procedure under which EOCO filed the motion could be applicable in civil matters and not criminal matters and prayed the court to dismiss the motion.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.