Category: Disasters Created on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 17:23 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 360
Tarkwa, June 19, GNA - Master Kojo Twumasi, a four-year-old kindergarten boy of Gogo Memorial School Complex at Tarkwa, died on Monday when the mattress he was sleeping on caught fire by a lighted candle.
The body of the deceased, which got burnt beyond recognition at an uncompleted building at Railway Quarters, a suburb of Tarkwa, has been deposited at the Tarkwa Government Hospital morgue.
Chief Superintendent (Chief Sup) Ernest Kuukure Maayeb, Tarkwa Nsueam Municipal Police Commander, confirmed the tragedy to the Ghana News Agency (GNA).
He said the incident occurred when around 2000 hours on that fateful day, Ruth Ackah, 24, mother of the Twumasi, lighted a candle beside his son, who was asleep, and went to town with another son to buy food.
Chief Sup Ackah said personnel of Fire Service and the Police put off the fire, and found the body of the deceased burnt.
He said the police were investigating the case of the fire outbreak, and appealed to parents to be careful when using candle at home, to avoid such misfortune
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.