- Mabel Banaseh wins 2014 Journalist of the Year Awa...
- MoFA starts receiving 2014 Farmers Day donations
- Government to retrieve illegal weapons from Bawku
- Journalists urged to disseminate information on GL...
- 56.3 per cent of Ghanaians are literate - GLSS-6
- Two regions to pilot new development model
- Ghana's demographic survey starts on Monday
- Road crash fatalities reduce by nearly 45 per cent...
- Immigration Service launches programme against chi...
- Sole Commissioner calls for cooperation from Finan...
- Government to pay POTAG book and research allowanc...
- Committee urged to apply sanctions to erring publi...
- Poverty still high in Ghana - Survey
- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
Category: General Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 09:20 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 301
Aflao (V/R), April 09, GNA - Dr Furi Oduaran, a Nigerian Businessman whose double cabin Toyota pickup was stolen in Nigeria but recovered in Ghana has praised the police in Ghana as being incomparable in Africa.
The visibly contented Chief Executive Officer of Flash Fisheries Nigerian Limited, told Journalists at Aflao that the Ghana Police Service is “unequalled and exceptional in West Africa and perhaps the entire Africa”.
He said “l can confidently say the efficiency of the Ghana Police is of international standard levels”.
The brand new vehicle was stolen by Dr Oduaran’s Togolese house helps, he employed three years ago.
Koudzo Ametepe, 25, and Darius Agbla, 26, after stealing the vehicle drove it to Togo to sell but finding it difficult to get buyers drove it into Ghana, where the vehicle was intercepted.
“I am astonished that the vehicle passed through the Nigerian, Benin and Togolese borders only to be intercepted by the Ghana Police without the slightest hint, a feat that speaks volumes of what the Ghanaian security is made of,” Dr Oduaran said.
Dr Oduaran commended the Judiciary, particularly the Aflao Circuit Court for the transparent manner it handled the case where the police arrested Ametepe the only occupant of the vehicle, at midnight on March 20.
Ametepe upon arrest and after interrogation provided the Police with Dr Oduaran’s phone number and pleaded not guilty to possessing a stolen vehicle but has since been jailed 10 years by the court whiles Agbla, his accomplice is still on the run.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.