- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
- Otumfuo cuts sod for Ultra-Modern mall for Kumasi
- President Mahama directs Finance Ministry to relea...
- Sissala East District organises best teacher award...
- 70% of world population lacks proper social protec...
- Pelungu Primary school receives support from Antwe...
- MTN builds an e-library for Ningo Senior High Scho...
- EOCO invites NDC youth accusing MCE of graft
- ICU calls for a restructured AU
- Blind woman barred from heading school
- Teenage pregnancy alarming in Dormaa Municipality ...
- Police Visibility concept criticised in Wa
- UPSA inaugurates Centre for Public Accountability
- Families of PV Obeng, Asenso-Okyere announce funer...
Category: General Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 09:20 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 289
Aflao (V/R), April 09, GNA - Dr Furi Oduaran, a Nigerian Businessman whose double cabin Toyota pickup was stolen in Nigeria but recovered in Ghana has praised the police in Ghana as being incomparable in Africa.
The visibly contented Chief Executive Officer of Flash Fisheries Nigerian Limited, told Journalists at Aflao that the Ghana Police Service is “unequalled and exceptional in West Africa and perhaps the entire Africa”.
He said “l can confidently say the efficiency of the Ghana Police is of international standard levels”.
The brand new vehicle was stolen by Dr Oduaran’s Togolese house helps, he employed three years ago.
Koudzo Ametepe, 25, and Darius Agbla, 26, after stealing the vehicle drove it to Togo to sell but finding it difficult to get buyers drove it into Ghana, where the vehicle was intercepted.
“I am astonished that the vehicle passed through the Nigerian, Benin and Togolese borders only to be intercepted by the Ghana Police without the slightest hint, a feat that speaks volumes of what the Ghanaian security is made of,” Dr Oduaran said.
Dr Oduaran commended the Judiciary, particularly the Aflao Circuit Court for the transparent manner it handled the case where the police arrested Ametepe the only occupant of the vehicle, at midnight on March 20.
Ametepe upon arrest and after interrogation provided the Police with Dr Oduaran’s phone number and pleaded not guilty to possessing a stolen vehicle but has since been jailed 10 years by the court whiles Agbla, his accomplice is still on the run.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.