- 2013 Report on Persons with Intellectual Disabilit...
- President directs contractor to speed up Bogoso ro...
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Manual Launch
- Gender Ministry educates young men on Gender based...
- Sunyani Anglican Diocese ordains five Ministers
- President commends chiefs and people of Akuapem
- Improving school environment critical for quality ...
- Institute memorial lectures for Prof. Awoonor - Ca...
- Presby Moderator commends Justice Atuguba
- Government to meet 30 per cent women quota
- Africans urged to forge military partnership
- UDS introduces t10 new graduate programmes
- Federation of disabled honours Energy Minister
- Enough money was left for payment to contractors -...
- Government will upgrade DOVVSU - President
Category: General Created on Monday, 16 April 2012 07:46 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 259
Tamale, April 15, GNA - The Bomahagu-Zuo community, in the Tamale Metropolis, has initiated a self-help project to connect electricity to the area.
Each landlord or landlady in the area would be required to pay GHc 450.00 towards the project.
The initiative is under the auspices of Bomahagu-Zou Volunteer Development Association.
Mr Abdul-Rashid Alhasssan, chairman of the association, said the community had so far generated GHc 20,000 for the purchase of electricity poles.
He appealed to members to pay their levies promptly to ensure the early completion of the project.
Mr Alhasssan said the community leaders had contacted the Volta River Authority on connection of electricity to the area to no avail, hence the initiative.
He said connection of electricity to the area would promote socio-economic development. .
Mr Hamza Salifu, Vice-Chairman of the group, commended the people for supporting the self-help project.
Mr Iddrisu Mustafa, Assembly Member for the area, appealed to the people to initiate more projects to improve their living conditions.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.