Category: General Created on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 09:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 237
Accra, May 7, GNA - Ms Ivian Sarcos, winner of Miss World 2011, will pay a historic visit to Ghana from May 19th to 23rd to support winners of other beauty pageants with purpose awards.
A statement signed by Mr Obed Boafo, Event Publicist, Miss Ghana 2012, copied to the Ghana News Agency on Monday said, the team during their visit would honor contestants, who have made real differences in the lives of people in their countries, especially underprivileged children.
It said Miss World would assist Ms Stephanie Karikari, Miss Ghana 2010, a joint winner of an award at the Miss World 2011 event, to raise funds to build a state-of-the-art nursery for a day care facility at Ayalolo in Accra.
“This is to help enhance education among the children at Sodom and Gomorrah slum in Accra”. It said.
The statement said a charity ball would be held on the 22nd of May 2012 to help raise the funds, adding that the 2012 edition of Miss Ghana would also be launched.
It said the team would pay courtesy calls on very important personalities in and outside the capital, Accra and also visit some important tourist attractions.
“I want to carry on doing the wonderful work that Beauty with a Purpose and the Miss World organization does and to help people in need,” the statement quoted Ms Sarcos.
Ms Inna Patty, Managing Director of Exclusive Events Ghana, revealed that her outfit had put in place measures to ensure a successful visit.
“This is a historic visit, which must be celebrated to the fullest. Together, we can make it happen, and we know that just as Stephanie was able to make us proud, the team will leave here with fond memories”, she added.
The statement said the beauty queen who hails from Venezuela would be accompanied by the first and second runner ups from the Philippines and Puerto Rico, Miss World Europe, Ms Julia Morley Chairman and Chief Executive of the Miss World organization , and some members of the international press.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.