- Government assists market fire victims
- GES to distribute shoes to deprived schools
- Reconstruction of Central Market to ease congestio...
- Mining affects education in Wassa District
- Ground works on Volta University begin
- UK media trains journalists on financial reporting
- Government to implement contaminated sites project
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
Category: General Created on Monday, 14 May 2012 15:48 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 187
Ho, May 14, GNA - The Volta Regional office of the Department of Parks and Gardens is upgrading its seedlings and developing new plants towards the beautification of the Ho Municipality.
Ms Janet Oboni, Regional Director, who made this known in an interview with the GNA on Monday, said the beautification would focus on roundabouts and other road intersections.
Ms Oboni described Ho as a peaceful Municipality which should be beautified to attract tourists.
“If Ho is well planned and beautified, tourists would always be here. The town is very peaceful and located between mountains, rivers and streams,” she said.
Ms Oboni appealed to the Municipal authorities to create recreational parks for children and the general public and called for resources to enable the Parks and Gardens Department to enhance the beauty of major towns and cities in the country.
“Most of the plants we grow and use for beautification are medicinal and help de-stress people to return to work refreshed,” Ms Oboni said.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.