Category: General Created on Wednesday, 04 July 2012 14:36 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 199
Saltpond (C/R), July 4, GNA – A Member of Council of State, Daasebre Kwebu Ewusi VII, has appealed to the youth to emulate the examples of senior citizens who in diverse ways contributed to the development of the nation.
Daasebre Kwebu Ewusi, who is also the President of the Central Region House of Chiefs, urged the youth to use their exuberance to champion development of their communities instead of engaging in destructive activities.
He made the appeal at a party organised by the Mfantseman Municipal Assembly for senior citizens at Saltpond in connection with the Senior Citizens Day Celebration in the Municipality.
He said with general elections around the corner some youth would be engaged by some politicians to cause mayhem and appealed to them to desist from activities which could derail the development of the nation.
Daasebre Kwebu Ewusi appealed to politicians and the youth to ensure peaceful and credible elections for the nation to continue to enjoy its peace.
Mr Aquinas Tawiah Quansah, Deputy Central Regional Minister and Member of Parliament for Mfantseman West, appealed to the youth to learn the history of the country and strive to build upon what the Senior Citizens had done.
Mr Quansah advised the youth to avoid things which could endanger their growth and development to enable them to become responsible citizens in future.
Mr Henry Kweku Hayfron, the Municipal Chief Executive, expressed appreciation to the Senior Citizens for the sacrifices made to bring the nation this far and appealed to them to continue to educate the young ones how they were able to do it.
Four people, Mr Kobena Esiah-Donkor, Madam Elizabeth Yeboah, Mr Nicholas Forson and Adjoa Asoku were presented with wax prints.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.