Category: General Created on Monday, 16 July 2012 14:24 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 279
Tamale, July 15, GNA – Imam Mujeeb Rahaman Ibrahim, President of African Islamic Heritage Foundation, said the organization was established to improve the standards of life, morality and education of the most deserving and needy on the African Continent.
He said it was also to propagate Islam and provide services for people regardless of their race, age, colour or nationality and to meet the increasing urgent needs of poor societies, especially in Muslim countries in Africa where poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, diseases, famine and other natural disasters are persisting.
Imam Ibrahim disclosed this when he granted an interview to the Ghana News Agency in Tamale on Saturday.
He said the organization was also providing humanitarian aid in Africa, which aimed at assisting poor communities and helping to develop human resources in the most efficient ways that local communities will become self-sufficient and self-reliant.
“We also build Schools, Mosques, hospitals and take care of orphans in society and widows where needed.”
Imam Ibrahim said Islam is “a spiritual technology, which codifies a way of life and dictates relationships between God, the environment and other human beings”.
He said religion was the culture of spirituality, the container that gives spirituality and that the code of Islam created cohesion among its members by propagating its principles, which solidified unity through communal activities in the form of ibadats that apply to self in peaceful relationship with God.
Imam Ibrahim noted that such code was found in faith (iman), prayer (salat), pilgrimage (hajj) and fasting (sawm) and alms giving (zakaat).
He explained that Zakat served as a socio-economic wealth distribution system which has deep parallels in ancient African practices.
The African Islamic Heritage Foundation was established and incorporated in the United States of America in 2009.
The Foundation is a charitable organization and offers a wide range of humanitarian services in African.
Members of the organization are intellectuals from various part of African who are ready to serve Islam in good faith.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.