- Mabel Banaseh wins 2014 Journalist of the Year Awa...
- MoFA starts receiving 2014 Farmers Day donations
- Government to retrieve illegal weapons from Bawku
- Journalists urged to disseminate information on GL...
- 56.3 per cent of Ghanaians are literate - GLSS-6
- Two regions to pilot new development model
- Ghana's demographic survey starts on Monday
- Road crash fatalities reduce by nearly 45 per cent...
- Immigration Service launches programme against chi...
- Sole Commissioner calls for cooperation from Finan...
- Government to pay POTAG book and research allowanc...
- Committee urged to apply sanctions to erring publi...
- Poverty still high in Ghana - Survey
- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
Category: Religion Created on Tuesday, 28 February 2012 21:09 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 535
Accra, Feb. 28, GNA - Mr Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, on Tuesday called on Christians not to shy away from politics and rather involve themselves in the administration of the country.
He said this after he was honoured in Accra by the Leading Pastor of Cedar Mountain Chapel of the Assemblies of God Church, Reverend Stephen Wengam, with the mission’s Significant Achievement as an Excellent Christian Politician award.
Mr Ampofo noted that the Church had become silent because most of the insults and personality attacks during elections by politicians were done by members.
He asked religious leaders to use their pulpits to preach the message of peaceful co-existence and also impress on their congregation the need to guard against insulting their political opponents.
He attributed the prevailing peace, in the country partly to the constant intercession by religious leaders and their ability to intervene and cool down the political temperature.
Mr Ampofo urged religious leaders to maintain the momentum by extending their prayers and mediation roles to ensure peaceful elections.
Rev Wengam, encouraged the Minister to continue to hold onto his faith in God and uphold the values of a true Christian, as a politician.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.