- 2013 Report on Persons with Intellectual Disabilit...
- President directs contractor to speed up Bogoso ro...
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Manual Launch
- Gender Ministry educates young men on Gender based...
- Sunyani Anglican Diocese ordains five Ministers
- President commends chiefs and people of Akuapem
- Improving school environment critical for quality ...
- Institute memorial lectures for Prof. Awoonor - Ca...
- Presby Moderator commends Justice Atuguba
- Government to meet 30 per cent women quota
- Africans urged to forge military partnership
- UDS introduces t10 new graduate programmes
- Federation of disabled honours Energy Minister
- Enough money was left for payment to contractors -...
- Government will upgrade DOVVSU - President
Category: Religion Created on Friday, 09 March 2012 12:53 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 766
Accra, March 9, GNA -The Accra Diocesan Bishop of the Methodist Church of Ghana, The Rt. Rev. Titus K.Awotwi Pratt says homosexuality and lesbianism are social evils and should not be entertained in society.
He reminded christians of their sacred duty to champion sound moral principles and not to compromise the sacred doctrines of God for any human expediency.
Rt.Rev. Pratt was addressing christians to climax the 40th anniversary celebrations of the Grace Methodist Church at Lartebiokorshie in Accra.
The week-long celebration was under the theme,"Jesus' attitude towards suffering and rejection'.In attendance, was the Abokobi Mantse, Nii Samuel Adjetey Mohenu and his council of elders.
Rt. Rev. Pratt tasked the church to unite and pray for the peace of Ghana, the President and his cabinet to administer well.
He called for a peaceful free and fair election as the nation goes to the polls in December in order to consolidate Ghana's infant democracy.
The Resident Minister of the Grace Methodist Church, Rev. Solomon Anyetei Patterson asked Methodists to rekindle the Wesleyan evangelistic zeal and keep the gift of God in them alive.
He said a number of people were looking up to the church to lead them to the saving knowledge of Christ and urged the leadership not to be complacent.
The Abokobi Mantse, Nii Mohenu lauded the church for its immense contribution towards the physical and spiritual growth of society.
He prayed that God would resource the church to grow from strength to strength to better the lot of society.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.