- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
- Otumfuo cuts sod for Ultra-Modern mall for Kumasi
- President Mahama directs Finance Ministry to relea...
- Sissala East District organises best teacher award...
- 70% of world population lacks proper social protec...
- Pelungu Primary school receives support from Antwe...
- MTN builds an e-library for Ningo Senior High Scho...
- EOCO invites NDC youth accusing MCE of graft
- ICU calls for a restructured AU
- Blind woman barred from heading school
- Teenage pregnancy alarming in Dormaa Municipality ...
- Police Visibility concept criticised in Wa
- UPSA inaugurates Centre for Public Accountability
- Families of PV Obeng, Asenso-Okyere announce funer...
Category: Religion Created on Friday, 09 March 2012 12:53 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 920
Accra, March 9, GNA -The Accra Diocesan Bishop of the Methodist Church of Ghana, The Rt. Rev. Titus K.Awotwi Pratt says homosexuality and lesbianism are social evils and should not be entertained in society.
He reminded christians of their sacred duty to champion sound moral principles and not to compromise the sacred doctrines of God for any human expediency.
Rt.Rev. Pratt was addressing christians to climax the 40th anniversary celebrations of the Grace Methodist Church at Lartebiokorshie in Accra.
The week-long celebration was under the theme,"Jesus' attitude towards suffering and rejection'.In attendance, was the Abokobi Mantse, Nii Samuel Adjetey Mohenu and his council of elders.
Rt. Rev. Pratt tasked the church to unite and pray for the peace of Ghana, the President and his cabinet to administer well.
He called for a peaceful free and fair election as the nation goes to the polls in December in order to consolidate Ghana's infant democracy.
The Resident Minister of the Grace Methodist Church, Rev. Solomon Anyetei Patterson asked Methodists to rekindle the Wesleyan evangelistic zeal and keep the gift of God in them alive.
He said a number of people were looking up to the church to lead them to the saving knowledge of Christ and urged the leadership not to be complacent.
The Abokobi Mantse, Nii Mohenu lauded the church for its immense contribution towards the physical and spiritual growth of society.
He prayed that God would resource the church to grow from strength to strength to better the lot of society.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.