Category: Religion Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 10:47 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 369
Kumasi (Ash), July 10, GNA – After about 45 years of being governed by the “Minutes Book” of the Church of God, Cleverland, Tennessee of the US, the local church of God, has now become autonomous.
The Church of God, Ghana will now be governed by its own constitution.
According to Bishop David Ofori Adu, Chairman of the Church’s Seven-member constitution drafting committee, said the move was not to break away from the affiliated church but to ascertained sovereignty as a people, church and nation.
He said Ghana as a sovereign nation, must have its people posing the free will to chart its own course in all aspects of human endeavour including religious affairs.
Bishop Ofori was briefing newsmen after the adoption of an 88-page constitution of the church, in Ghana at a four-day national delegates’ conference in Kumasi on Tuesday.
He explained that with the coming into force of the new constitution, the church’s relationship with that of the affiliate mission would no longer be a master-servant one but a sisterly relationship as existed among other churches.
He stated that the church would continue to maintain cordial relationship with the mother church.
Bishop Ofori expressed the hope that this would pave the way for exchange programmes.
The conference was climaxed with the election of national officers who would govern for four years as adopted in the constitution.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.