- Government assists market fire victims
- GES to distribute shoes to deprived schools
- Reconstruction of Central Market to ease congestio...
- Mining affects education in Wassa District
- Ground works on Volta University begin
- UK media trains journalists on financial reporting
- Government to implement contaminated sites project
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
Category: Religion Created on Friday, 20 July 2012 14:49 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 702
Accra, July 19, GNA – The National Hilal Committee on Thursday night announced the sighting of the new moon in Kumasi, which is the 29th Shaban, marking the commencement of the Ramadan fasting period for 2012.
This was contained in a statement issued by Sheikh Mahmoud Mohammed Gedel, Chairman of the Committee and copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra.
It said: “On the authority of the National Chief Imam of Ghana and the Ameer and Missionary in charge of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Mission, the National Hilal Committee, Ghana wishes to announce that Muslims throughout the country are to start the Ramadan fasting at dawn of July 20.
“The committee wishes all Muslims in Ghana a successful Ramadan fasting,” the statement concluded
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.