Category: Religion Created on Monday, 06 August 2012 09:40 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 333
Garizegu (N/R), Aug. 6, GNA - African Islamic Heritage Foundation (AIHF), an Islamic non-governmental organization, has organized a day’s “Futur” (Ramadan Feast) for the people of Garizegu, a suburb of Tamale in the Northern Region.
This was part of its numerous activities to help the poor in the community with the provision of “futur” Ramadan.
Skeik Mujeed Rahaman Ibrahim, President of the AIHF, addressing the congregation said it was important for them to invest in their children education, adding “The AIHF is considering helping the community to achieve its educational challenges and to offer scholarships to the needy, but brilliant children in the community.”
He said this will nurture them to become responsible citizens in future and help them understand and applied Islam to promote peace, unity and development.
Sheik Ibrahim advised parents to inculcate peaceful co-existence into their children for a better livelihood and tasked them to dedicate their time and efforts for the worship of Allah and also observed personal hygiene, as cleanliness was next to Godliness.
He appealed to them to refrain from any act that had the tendency to spark violence and destruction in the up-coming December general elections.
Imam Abubakar, Chief Imam of Garizegu, who received the organisation on behalf of the people, said it was the first of kind in the history of Garizegu and thanked the AIHF for the support.
He raised several concerns about orphans, widows and the disabled in the community, who needed much attention, and appealed to the organisation to help them by frequently organizing talks on morality for the community.
Imam Abubakar thanked the AIHF delegation for the kind gesture, adding “I am hoping to see more of such charitable activities being undertaken by other organisation. The people of Garizegu are happy to receive your organisation because it was the first of its kind to be witnessed.”
The African Islamic Heritage Foundation was established and incorporated in the United States of America in 2009. The Foundation is a charitable organization and offers a wide range of humanitarian services in Africa. Members of the organization are intellectuals from various part of Africa who are ready to serve Islam in good faith.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.