Category: Religion Created on Thursday, 16 August 2012 10:45 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 335
Twifo-Praso (C/R), Aug 16, GNA - The Twifo-Heman-Lower Denkyira District Local Council of Churches last Sunday held a thanksgiving service to commemorate the creation of the Twifo-Heman-Lower Denkyira Constituency as a new District at Twifo-Heman.
The function attended by Reverend Ministers of Various churches also included the National Democratic Congress (NDC) party functionaries who sang songs of praise to glorify God and the Government for elevating the constituency into District status.
The Jubilant congregation including Nana Amoah Sasarku II Omanhen of Twifo-Heman traditional area and his sub chiefs took to the floor to dance to the tunes of songs of praise.
Mr Joseph Foster Andoh, the District Chief Executive for the Twifo-Heman- Lower Denkyira, said the creation of the new district would help speed up development of the area and announced that the area would soon be hooked to the national grid while a new district hospital would be built to cater for people in the area.
He said the well being of the District would depend on the output of the assembly members and asked them to work hard to justify its creation.
The DCE assured them that the national cake would be evenly distributed and appealed to people in the area to change their attitude and make meaningful contribution to uplift the image of the district.
He also appealed to the electorate to vote for him during the general elections to enable him continue with his good works.
Otumfuo Amoa Sasarku thanked government for creating the new district and called for love and unity among the subjects.
The ceremony was rounded off with a presentation of an ambulance donated by Nyaho Medical Centre based in Accra.
Dr Erasmus Klutse, the District Director of Medical Services, who received the keys of the ambulance from the DCE, gave the assurance that the ambulance would be used for the purpose it was donated .
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.