- Government assists market fire victims
- GES to distribute shoes to deprived schools
- Reconstruction of Central Market to ease congestio...
- Mining affects education in Wassa District
- Ground works on Volta University begin
- UK media trains journalists on financial reporting
- Government to implement contaminated sites project
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
Category: Religion Created on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 22:52 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 598
Accra, Feb. 22, GNA - The General Overseer of the International Central Gospel Church, Pastor Mensah Otabil and wife, Joy Otabil, on Tuesday surprised couples at the Christ Temple branch of the church when the auditorium was turned into a romantic night full of bliss.
Couples, who thronged the church premises to attend the sensational couple’s night on the theme: “upholding purity in your marriage” were stunned with surprises written on their faces when they saw an extraordinary decoration in the auditorium and the around the premises.
Speaking to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at the event, Reverend Kofi Okyere of Christ Temple, said the couples' night was the first in the church's history, noting that a similar event was organized for singles to commemorate Valentine and the church’s 28th anniversary.
He explained that February is a family month on the church’s calendar and noted that the church was committed to ensure that marriages succeeded.
The event was organized free for about 800 couples as an anniversary gift to members.
Rev Okyere led couples to renew their marriage vows. It was a delight to watch as couples, who have been married from a week old to over 40 years, pledged to love each other till death do them part.
Mrs Joy Otabil asked the couples to remember how they started their relationship and bring back memories of the things they used to do during their courtship time in order to inject new life into their marriages.
Some couples shared their love stories with the gathering while some read poems they had written to their spouses many years ago.
A couple, who have been married for 31 years, defined love as listening, an obligation, value and encouragement.
Dinner was served amidst jazz and love songs by Zama Band, the church’s band.
Couples, who first took to the dancing floor, received hampers from Pastor Otabil while those whose anniversary fell on the day, received special treats from Allure, a Spa agency in Accra.
Pregnant women were also promised a baby shower, while other couples were given tickets to dine with their spouses at the Africa Regent Hotel.
It was a sensational night. A night of bliss aimed at bringing marriage couples together forever.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.