- 2013 Report on Persons with Intellectual Disabilit...
- President directs contractor to speed up Bogoso ro...
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Manual Launch
- Gender Ministry educates young men on Gender based...
- Sunyani Anglican Diocese ordains five Ministers
- President commends chiefs and people of Akuapem
- Improving school environment critical for quality ...
- Institute memorial lectures for Prof. Awoonor - Ca...
- Presby Moderator commends Justice Atuguba
- Government to meet 30 per cent women quota
- Africans urged to forge military partnership
- UDS introduces t10 new graduate programmes
- Federation of disabled honours Energy Minister
- Enough money was left for payment to contractors -...
- Government will upgrade DOVVSU - President
Category: Education Created on Monday, 12 March 2012 17:01 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 620
Nkoranza, (B/A) March 12, GNA – An eight-member education committee in the Nkoranza South District Education Oversight Committee (DEOC) has adopted some basic schools in Nkoranza to help improve the standard of education.
Members of the Committee are Mr. Kofi Adu, Madam Sarah Oforiwaa, both Assembly Members, Mr. Ebenezer Asare-Baah, District Secretary of Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), Mr. Douglas Musah of Social Welfare Department and Madam Agartha Osei, District Girls Education Officer.
Others are Mr. Owusu Sekyere, a retired educationist and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) representative, Mr. Akrapim Baffoe, Assembly Member and Chairman of the Social Services sub-committee and Madam Salamatu Ibrahim, District Director of Health Services.
Mr. Kwaku Amoah-Tutu, Deputy Director of Education in-charge of Schools Inspection in the District, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at Nkoranza that the initiative was to help improve the performance of students in the area.
He explained the committee members would visit the schools to interact with the teachers to know their challenges and inform the school management committees and parents to help in addressing them.
The director called on heads of the schools to cooperate with members of the committee, whom he commended for their selfless and dedicated service
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.