- University to deliver industry relevant programmes
- Director General of PIPS visits Madina Command
- Schools to reopen next week - GES
- Rawlings Book Launch case adjourned to September 2...
- Flow of gas to stabilize electricity prices
- UCC to reopen on September 8 for 2014/2015 academi...
- Witnesses compensation figures differ from Sole Co...
- Government agrees to UTAG demands
- Bishop says priests are becoming money conscious
- "Ghana to soon import water"-Forestry Commission
- Embargo on recruitment affecting polytechnics
- Works begins on Amasaman Market Complex
- WR office of DVLA rejects vehicles without seatbel...
- Farmer groups in Saboba embrace FTF-USAID-ATT proj...
- Mabel Banaseh wins 2014 Journalist of the Year Awa...
Category: Education Created on Monday, 12 March 2012 17:01 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 945
Nkoranza, (B/A) March 12, GNA – An eight-member education committee in the Nkoranza South District Education Oversight Committee (DEOC) has adopted some basic schools in Nkoranza to help improve the standard of education.
Members of the Committee are Mr. Kofi Adu, Madam Sarah Oforiwaa, both Assembly Members, Mr. Ebenezer Asare-Baah, District Secretary of Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), Mr. Douglas Musah of Social Welfare Department and Madam Agartha Osei, District Girls Education Officer.
Others are Mr. Owusu Sekyere, a retired educationist and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) representative, Mr. Akrapim Baffoe, Assembly Member and Chairman of the Social Services sub-committee and Madam Salamatu Ibrahim, District Director of Health Services.
Mr. Kwaku Amoah-Tutu, Deputy Director of Education in-charge of Schools Inspection in the District, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at Nkoranza that the initiative was to help improve the performance of students in the area.
He explained the committee members would visit the schools to interact with the teachers to know their challenges and inform the school management committees and parents to help in addressing them.
The director called on heads of the schools to cooperate with members of the committee, whom he commended for their selfless and dedicated service
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.