- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
- Otumfuo cuts sod for Ultra-Modern mall for Kumasi
- President Mahama directs Finance Ministry to relea...
- Sissala East District organises best teacher award...
- 70% of world population lacks proper social protec...
- Pelungu Primary school receives support from Antwe...
- MTN builds an e-library for Ningo Senior High Scho...
- EOCO invites NDC youth accusing MCE of graft
- ICU calls for a restructured AU
- Blind woman barred from heading school
- Teenage pregnancy alarming in Dormaa Municipality ...
- Police Visibility concept criticised in Wa
- UPSA inaugurates Centre for Public Accountability
- Families of PV Obeng, Asenso-Okyere announce funer...
Category: Education Created on Monday, 12 March 2012 17:01 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 899
Nkoranza, (B/A) March 12, GNA – An eight-member education committee in the Nkoranza South District Education Oversight Committee (DEOC) has adopted some basic schools in Nkoranza to help improve the standard of education.
Members of the Committee are Mr. Kofi Adu, Madam Sarah Oforiwaa, both Assembly Members, Mr. Ebenezer Asare-Baah, District Secretary of Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), Mr. Douglas Musah of Social Welfare Department and Madam Agartha Osei, District Girls Education Officer.
Others are Mr. Owusu Sekyere, a retired educationist and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) representative, Mr. Akrapim Baffoe, Assembly Member and Chairman of the Social Services sub-committee and Madam Salamatu Ibrahim, District Director of Health Services.
Mr. Kwaku Amoah-Tutu, Deputy Director of Education in-charge of Schools Inspection in the District, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at Nkoranza that the initiative was to help improve the performance of students in the area.
He explained the committee members would visit the schools to interact with the teachers to know their challenges and inform the school management committees and parents to help in addressing them.
The director called on heads of the schools to cooperate with members of the committee, whom he commended for their selfless and dedicated service
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.