- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
- Otumfuo cuts sod for Ultra-Modern mall for Kumasi
- President Mahama directs Finance Ministry to relea...
- Sissala East District organises best teacher award...
- 70% of world population lacks proper social protec...
- Pelungu Primary school receives support from Antwe...
- MTN builds an e-library for Ningo Senior High Scho...
- EOCO invites NDC youth accusing MCE of graft
- ICU calls for a restructured AU
- Blind woman barred from heading school
- Teenage pregnancy alarming in Dormaa Municipality ...
- Police Visibility concept criticised in Wa
- UPSA inaugurates Centre for Public Accountability
- Families of PV Obeng, Asenso-Okyere announce funer...
Category: Education Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 16:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 1000
Ayakomaso (B/A), April 10, GNA – Deeper Life Bible Ministry is to establish a University to help absorb especially qualified members of the church to pursue high academic laurels.
The main campus of Anchor University will be sited at Prampram and satellite campuses in Kumasi and either Sunyani or Tamale.
Pastor Yaw Osei-Owusu, Brong-Ahafo Regional Overseer of the church, said accreditation and other preparatory works at the main campus at Prampram was in progress and expressed the optimism that the University would be opened by the end of the year.
He was addressing more than 4,000 members of the church at the weekend at the close of a three-day Easter retreat at Ayakomaso.
Pastor Osei-Owusu said the establishment of the University would help the church and the country as a whole to meet the required human resource base needed for development.
The church would also open its first Senior High School in Kumasi in September and work on the church’s national mission house in Accra is on course.
He said aside pursuing the spiritual well-being of members, the church was poised to partner the government for accelerated national development.
Pastor Osei-Owusu expressed concern that the few universities in the country could not absorb majority of the youth because of a number of problems including lack of adequate infrastructure.
With the opening of Anchor University, many of the qualified youth especially can easily gain admission, he stressed.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.