- Government assists market fire victims
- GES to distribute shoes to deprived schools
- Reconstruction of Central Market to ease congestio...
- Mining affects education in Wassa District
- Ground works on Volta University begin
- UK media trains journalists on financial reporting
- Government to implement contaminated sites project
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
Category: Education Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 16:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 485
Ayakomaso (B/A), April 10, GNA – Deeper Life Bible Ministry is to establish a University to help absorb especially qualified members of the church to pursue high academic laurels.
The main campus of Anchor University will be sited at Prampram and satellite campuses in Kumasi and either Sunyani or Tamale.
Pastor Yaw Osei-Owusu, Brong-Ahafo Regional Overseer of the church, said accreditation and other preparatory works at the main campus at Prampram was in progress and expressed the optimism that the University would be opened by the end of the year.
He was addressing more than 4,000 members of the church at the weekend at the close of a three-day Easter retreat at Ayakomaso.
Pastor Osei-Owusu said the establishment of the University would help the church and the country as a whole to meet the required human resource base needed for development.
The church would also open its first Senior High School in Kumasi in September and work on the church’s national mission house in Accra is on course.
He said aside pursuing the spiritual well-being of members, the church was poised to partner the government for accelerated national development.
Pastor Osei-Owusu expressed concern that the few universities in the country could not absorb majority of the youth because of a number of problems including lack of adequate infrastructure.
With the opening of Anchor University, many of the qualified youth especially can easily gain admission, he stressed.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.