- 2013 Report on Persons with Intellectual Disabilit...
- President directs contractor to speed up Bogoso ro...
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Manual Launch
- Gender Ministry educates young men on Gender based...
- Sunyani Anglican Diocese ordains five Ministers
- President commends chiefs and people of Akuapem
- Improving school environment critical for quality ...
- Institute memorial lectures for Prof. Awoonor - Ca...
- Presby Moderator commends Justice Atuguba
- Government to meet 30 per cent women quota
- Africans urged to forge military partnership
- UDS introduces t10 new graduate programmes
- Federation of disabled honours Energy Minister
- Enough money was left for payment to contractors -...
- Government will upgrade DOVVSU - President
Category: Education Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 16:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 838
Ayakomaso (B/A), April 10, GNA – Deeper Life Bible Ministry is to establish a University to help absorb especially qualified members of the church to pursue high academic laurels.
The main campus of Anchor University will be sited at Prampram and satellite campuses in Kumasi and either Sunyani or Tamale.
Pastor Yaw Osei-Owusu, Brong-Ahafo Regional Overseer of the church, said accreditation and other preparatory works at the main campus at Prampram was in progress and expressed the optimism that the University would be opened by the end of the year.
He was addressing more than 4,000 members of the church at the weekend at the close of a three-day Easter retreat at Ayakomaso.
Pastor Osei-Owusu said the establishment of the University would help the church and the country as a whole to meet the required human resource base needed for development.
The church would also open its first Senior High School in Kumasi in September and work on the church’s national mission house in Accra is on course.
He said aside pursuing the spiritual well-being of members, the church was poised to partner the government for accelerated national development.
Pastor Osei-Owusu expressed concern that the few universities in the country could not absorb majority of the youth because of a number of problems including lack of adequate infrastructure.
With the opening of Anchor University, many of the qualified youth especially can easily gain admission, he stressed.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.