- Mabel Banaseh wins 2014 Journalist of the Year Awa...
- MoFA starts receiving 2014 Farmers Day donations
- Government to retrieve illegal weapons from Bawku
- Journalists urged to disseminate information on GL...
- 56.3 per cent of Ghanaians are literate - GLSS-6
- Two regions to pilot new development model
- Ghana's demographic survey starts on Monday
- Road crash fatalities reduce by nearly 45 per cent...
- Immigration Service launches programme against chi...
- Sole Commissioner calls for cooperation from Finan...
- Government to pay POTAG book and research allowanc...
- Committee urged to apply sanctions to erring publi...
- Poverty still high in Ghana - Survey
- Laity of Methodist Church of Ghana attend Colloqui...
- Agricultural Institute leads massive tree planting...
Category: Education Created on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 16:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 1008
Ayakomaso (B/A), April 10, GNA – Deeper Life Bible Ministry is to establish a University to help absorb especially qualified members of the church to pursue high academic laurels.
The main campus of Anchor University will be sited at Prampram and satellite campuses in Kumasi and either Sunyani or Tamale.
Pastor Yaw Osei-Owusu, Brong-Ahafo Regional Overseer of the church, said accreditation and other preparatory works at the main campus at Prampram was in progress and expressed the optimism that the University would be opened by the end of the year.
He was addressing more than 4,000 members of the church at the weekend at the close of a three-day Easter retreat at Ayakomaso.
Pastor Osei-Owusu said the establishment of the University would help the church and the country as a whole to meet the required human resource base needed for development.
The church would also open its first Senior High School in Kumasi in September and work on the church’s national mission house in Accra is on course.
He said aside pursuing the spiritual well-being of members, the church was poised to partner the government for accelerated national development.
Pastor Osei-Owusu expressed concern that the few universities in the country could not absorb majority of the youth because of a number of problems including lack of adequate infrastructure.
With the opening of Anchor University, many of the qualified youth especially can easily gain admission, he stressed.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.