Category: Education Created on Monday, 06 August 2012 18:23 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 324
Adukrom, Aug. 6, GNA - Mr Dan Botwe, Member of Parliament (MP) for Okere, has inaugurated a three- unit classroom block with computer laboratory he constructed for the Bethel Presbyterian Junior High School at Adukrom at the cost of GHC 38, 000.
The provision of the facility was in response to a request made by authorities of the school and the church to the MP last year when he paid a working visit to the educational institution.
Mr Botwe said he was determined to help create the right environment in all schools within the constituency for effective academic work.
He said education played a pivotal in socio-economic development, adding that the fight against poverty, ignorance and disease could only be won through effective education.
Mr Botwe pledged to supply the school with 10 computers and accessories to equip the laboratory and to help the school to acquire furniture and exercise books.
The MP said he would initiate scholarship to brilliant but needy children to help them complete their education.
Mr Botwe also launched a programme dubbed “Get Okere Reading,” which aimed at encouraging school children in the area to cultivate the habit of reading.
He appealed to parents to supply their children with their basic needs.
Mr Joseph Appiah Koranteng, Headteacher of the school, commended the MP for his development to education in the area.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.