- Government assists market fire victims
- GES to distribute shoes to deprived schools
- Reconstruction of Central Market to ease congestio...
- Mining affects education in Wassa District
- Ground works on Volta University begin
- UK media trains journalists on financial reporting
- Government to implement contaminated sites project
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
Category: Education Created on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 11:18 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 356
Coaltar, Aug. 6, GNA - The Akuapem Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, has donated a brand new Renault Sorrento cross country vehicle to the Headmaster of the Coaltar Presbyterian Senior High School (SHS), to facilitate his work.
Making the presentation during a board meeting of the school, Reverend Dr Samuel Ayete-Nyampong, Chairperson for the Akuapem Presbytery, said the donation was part of the Presbytery's five-year development plan to ensure that all SHS heads within the presbytery got vehicles to facilitate their movement.
He said according to the plan, the Presbytery would also put up bungalows for all chaplains to ensure that discipline and the fear of God were instilled in the students.
Dr Ayete-Nyampong expressed concern about the lack of a school bus, inadequate classrooms, bungalows for tutors and dormitories for students.
He, however, commended government for the construction of a 12-unit classroom block for the school.
Dr Ayete-Nyampong expressed worry about “reports of homosexuals and lesbians invading educational institutions in the country,” and asked teachers to be vigilant and monitor the movement of students to stop the practice.
Rev. John Larweteh, Headmaster, commended the Church for contributing to the development of the school.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.