- Bahmed accuse supporter’s group of extortion
- Ghana to participate in Amateur Golf Championship
- MOYS Planning Committee disorganised our plans –...
- President Mahama receives Ghana's Olympic Gold Med...
- We did not sign contract with MOYS – Travel Matt...
- Asante Kotoko presents trophies to sponsors
- “I don’t know the amount of money I took to Br...
- Rawlings wills Black Stars to determine more
- Amputees football team preparing for Mexico 2014
- World Cup 2014 Preview: Ghana seeks another berth ...
- Gyasi to referee Hearts/ Edubiase cracker
- Kotoko crowned champions
- Appiah drops Accam, Schulpp and Akaminko
- Akaminko's WC dream over
- GBA send goodwill message to Agbeko
Category: Local Sports Created on Monday, 12 March 2012 12:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 520
Cape Coast, March 12, GNA - Referee Patrick Kyeremanteng from Kumasi and his two assistants who handled the Cape Coast Mysterious Dwarfs/Aduana Stars Premier League match at the Robert Mensah Stadium were on Sunday given severe beatings by supporters of Dwarfs for disallowing a goal scored by their team in the 80th minute.
Immediately the Referee whistled for the end of proceedings, the supporters of Dwarfs went on rampage and invaded the field, beating the referee and his assistants mercilessly.
It took about 45 minutes before the handful of peace officers managed to rescue the match officials from the grips of the supporters with the use of tear gas.
The match officials were later sent to safety at the stadium's dressing room before Police reinforcement came to rescue them to the Regional Hospital for treatment.
Full time scores was 1-0 in favour of Aduana Stars.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.