- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Category: Local Sports Created on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 20:40 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 253
Obuasi, May 2, GNA – Obausi Ashantigold FC were held to a goalless draw game by Aduana Stars at the Len Clay Stadium, Obuasi in their 27th week Premier League game.
It was the third drawn game by the Miners in their last four matches played and resulted in their fall from the second position to the fourth position at the end of the mid week league games played.
Ashgold started well and placed on a perfect footing to take the lead with clear cut goal scoring chances falling on the path of Yakubu Mohammed and Didier Kone in the 15th and 25th minutes respectively with Stephen Adams standing between them and goals.
Aduana on the other hand had Nurrudeen Ali in a position to score but his shot hit the cross bar as the first half crawled to an end.
The visitors on resumption of the second opened the scores on the 51st minute through Francis Larbi whose shot beat Fatau Dauda to silence the home fans.
Ashgold fought back fiercely and had the equalizer in the 59th minute through a penalty kick which was easily converted by Mohammed after a defender Aduana had handled the ball in their vital area.
Both sides fought strongly in the latter stages of the game to go on top but failed to convert the chances that came their way as the game ended on a one all note.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.