- Three home ban for Kotoko; six for Arsenals
- SWAG renews partnership with MTN
- Hearts defeat Dwarfs by a lone goal
- Amidaus share points with Faisal
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
Category: Local Sports Created on Monday, 14 May 2012 15:48 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 266
Accra, May 14, GNA – The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has congratulated Berekum Chelsea for their impressive turn out in the CAF Champions League, for reaching the group phase of the competition.
The 2010/2011 Premier League champions booked their place at the lucrative money league stage after a 2-1 win over Cameroonian Coton Sport of Garoua last Sunday, to go through by the same scoreline on aggregate. The first leg ended barren at the Golden City Park in Berekum a fortnight ago.
A statement issued and signed by GFA President, Kwesi Nyantakyi copied to GNA Sports described the feat as significant achievement since it has being the first time in six years that a Ghanaian Club has reached the mini-league phase.
“Your achievement will go a long way to re-energise Ghanaian clubs who participate in continental competitions in future.
“Please convey to coach Hans Van der Pluym, captain Abdul Basit and the entire team our congratulations and we want to encourage them to go on and bring the title home. On our part as the GFA, we will continue to offer our support to your team as we have done since the competition started,” the statement noted.
It will be recalled that the GFA presented a cash donation of 30,000 US Dollars to Berekum Chelsea ahead of the second leg encounter in Cameroon.
Berekum Chelsea are making their debut in the continental Club Championship.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.