- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Category: Local Sports Created on Tuesday, 15 May 2012 16:16 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 274
Accra, May 15, GNA – Ghana’s Berekum Chelsea have been handed a tough draw for the group stage of the 2012 Orange CAF Champions League after being paired against three former winners.
According to the draw held on Tuesday in Cairo, Egypt; the Ghanaian representative will face TP Mazembe (DR Congo) and Egyptian duo; Al-Ahly and Zamalek in Group B.
All three opponents are ranked the most successful in the history of the premier continental club championship.
Ahly have won the title seven times, two-more than city rivals Zamalek whilst TP Mazembe are four-time winners.
The 2010/2011 Ghana league champions will begin their campaign against TP Mazembe in July in Lubumbashi.
Group A has Esperance and Etoile du Sahel, both of Tunisia, ASO Chlef of Algeria and Nigerian side Sunshine Stars.
Five of the remaining clubs have won the premier continental club championship at least once, with the exception of Berekum Chelsea, ASO Chlef and Sunshine Stars, also reaching the group phase for the first time.
The top two placed clubs from each group after the round-robin will advance to the semi final.
Chelsea defeated Coton Sport Garoua of Cameroon 2-1 on aggregate to reach the last eight.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.