Category: Local Sports Created on Monday, 28 May 2012 10:59 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 200
Accra, May 27, GNA – Accra Hearts of Oak inflicted a 4-0 humiliating defeat on Berekum Arsenals in the 30th week Glo Premier League game played at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday.
It was a match with high stakes for both sides, as Hearts needed a win badly to be pick a compensatory top four spot at the end of the season, whilst Arsenals must win or at least pick a draw to ensure that their premiership status is secured.
Both sides therefore approached the match with much seriousness but the phobians executed a comfortable lead at the end of the first half with George Osei Bonsu, Mahatma Otoo and Prince Atakorah-Gyimah finding their names on the score sheet.
Osei Bonsu first converted a penalty in the 7th minute for Hearts, whilst Otoo added up in the 18th minute.
Atakorah Gyimah sealed it for Hearts in the 31st minute, when he scooped in a ball past Rashid Mutawakilu after benefiting from a swift combination between Otoo and Isaac Ofori.
Hearts returned from recess and established more dominance on the game as the visitors failed to find their rhythm.
Inspite of the dominance Hearts seemed to be more comfortable with the lead as they resorted to an entertaining football to please the crowd.
However, Hearts managed to increase the tally to four through Ashietey Ollenu whose glancing header deceived the defence men of Arsenals to beat keeper Mutawakilu.
Though it was a humiliating defeat, Arsenals were saved by the results of other matches, hence managed to secure their premiership status.
Hearts however ended the season with third place spot with a total point build up of 47 points.
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.