- Three home ban for Kotoko; six for Arsenals
- SWAG renews partnership with MTN
- Hearts defeat Dwarfs by a lone goal
- Amidaus share points with Faisal
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
Category: Local Sports Created on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 14:30 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 317
Accra , June 18, GNA - Ghana suffered a 16-22 loss to Cote d'Ivoire in their day two clash of the Handball event at the ongoing Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Games on Monday at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The Black Fingers paid the price for a false start allowing the Ivorians to take an early lead. The Ivorians led throughout the game with their fast attacking game which won them the hearts of the partisan crowd.
The Ghanaians fought on but the Ivorians defended very well, thwarting most of their efforts at goal.
The Ivorians wrapped up the game after hitting the 22 mark and try as the Ghanaians did and cheered on the crowd, they could only finish at 16 to lose to their well composed opponents who were tactical ahead in their approach to the game.
Ghana earlier beat Burkina Faso 22-19 in their first game on Sunday.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.