Category: Local Sports Created on Friday, 20 July 2012 11:39 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 260
Accra, July 19, GNA - The Ministry of Youth and Sports has taken delivery of 234,000 footballs for distribution to the youth in Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal from Hyundai Motor Company of South Korea as part of the company's “I million Dream Balls for Africa” project.
The footballs, which are meant to promote and develop grassroots football in the three Africa countries is an initiative by the company to use football not just as a sport but also as a symbolism of hope and dreams of the children and youth in the sub-region.
Mr Akwasi Sarpong, head of Public Relations in a release issued on behalf of the Minister, Mr Clement Kofi Humado copied to GNA Sports in Accra on Thursday commended the Ghana Embassy in Korea for facilitating the donation to the recipient countries.
The Ministry has on behalf of the Ghana Government sent its gratefulness and appreciation to the Hyundai Motor Company for their kindness and generosity, adding that they look forward for more future collaborations between the Company and the Ministry.
Meanwhile the Ministry was making arrangements with the Embassy of Senegal and the Nigerian High Commission for the supply of their allocation of the balls.
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.