- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Category: Local Sports Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 09:51 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 292
Accra, July 30, GNA – Judoka Emmanuel Nartey became Ghana’s second casualty at the London 2012 Olympic Games after losing to Dutchman Dex Elmont in the Men’s 73 Kg Round of 32 clash on Tuesday.
Nartey, 29, was no match for the experienced Dutch who won with 3-0. To add to the woes of the Ghanaian, he suffered a three-point penalty for various infringements.
He becomes the second Ghanaian to have crashed out of the Games after boxer Isaac Dogbe was eliminated.
Dogbe lost narrowly by 10-9 to Japanese Shimizu Stashi in the men’s 56 kg (Bantamweight) in the Round of 32 last Saturday.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.