- Inter-Ministerial fun games to feature annually
- Bahmed accuse supporter’s group of extortion
- Ghana to participate in Amateur Golf Championship
- MOYS Planning Committee disorganised our plans –...
- President Mahama receives Ghana's Olympic Gold Med...
- We did not sign contract with MOYS – Travel Matt...
- Asante Kotoko presents trophies to sponsors
- “I don’t know the amount of money I took to Br...
- Rawlings wills Black Stars to determine more
- Amputees football team preparing for Mexico 2014
- World Cup 2014 Preview: Ghana seeks another berth ...
- Gyasi to referee Hearts/ Edubiase cracker
- Kotoko crowned champions
- Appiah drops Accam, Schulpp and Akaminko
- Akaminko's WC dream over
Category: Local Sports Created on Monday, 13 February 2012 13:33 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 486
Libreville, Feb. 13, GNA - Black Stars captain John Mensah earned some respect for Ghana after being named in the best eleven of the 2012 Orange Africa Cup of Nations.
The central defender was the only Ghanaian in the team of the tournament constituted by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Technical Study Group (TSG) of the 28th edition of the continental flagship football event.
Compatriot Kwadwo Asamoah is among the substitutes in the team dominated by the finalists Cote d’Ivoire and Zambia each contributing four players for their eforts.
The Ivorians have defender Jean-Jacques Gosso Gosso, midfield duo of Yaya Toure and Yao Kouassi Gervais “Gervinho” and striker Didier Drogba.
Winners Zambia also contributed Goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene, central defender Sunzu Stoppila , captain Christopher Katongo and Emmanuel Mayuka.
The others are Malian duo of Seydou Keita and Adama Tamboura.
The substitutes include Boubacar Barry (Cote d’Ivoire), Fernando da Gracia Gomez (Equatorial Guinea), Youssef Msakni (Tunisia), Manucho (Angola), Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon), Sadio Diallo (Guinea), Cheick Tidiane Diabate (Mali), Eric Mouloungui (Gabon), Houssine Kharja (Morocco), Mudathir Eltaib Ibrahim (Sudan) and Rainford Kalaba (Zambia).
Meanwhile, Zambia captain Katongo was adjudged the Most Valuable Player of the tournament and strike-partner Mayuka as the top scorer. Mayuka got the nod with the highest number of assists after finishing on three goals apiece with Ivorian Drogba, Manucho, Aubameyang and Diabate.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.