- GBA send goodwill message to Agbeko
- Hearts draw Gold Stars in MTN FA Cup
- Ten-man Edubiase succumbs to Kotoko
- Hearts excel in five-goal thriller
- Ghana races against Aug. 23 deadline
- RLG Grand Prix hangs in a balance
- Three home ban for Kotoko; six for Arsenals
- SWAG renews partnership with MTN
- Hearts defeat Dwarfs by a lone goal
- Amidaus share points with Faisal
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
Category: Local Sports Created on Monday, 13 February 2012 13:33 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 422
Libreville, Feb. 13, GNA - Black Stars captain John Mensah earned some respect for Ghana after being named in the best eleven of the 2012 Orange Africa Cup of Nations.
The central defender was the only Ghanaian in the team of the tournament constituted by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Technical Study Group (TSG) of the 28th edition of the continental flagship football event.
Compatriot Kwadwo Asamoah is among the substitutes in the team dominated by the finalists Cote d’Ivoire and Zambia each contributing four players for their eforts.
The Ivorians have defender Jean-Jacques Gosso Gosso, midfield duo of Yaya Toure and Yao Kouassi Gervais “Gervinho” and striker Didier Drogba.
Winners Zambia also contributed Goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene, central defender Sunzu Stoppila , captain Christopher Katongo and Emmanuel Mayuka.
The others are Malian duo of Seydou Keita and Adama Tamboura.
The substitutes include Boubacar Barry (Cote d’Ivoire), Fernando da Gracia Gomez (Equatorial Guinea), Youssef Msakni (Tunisia), Manucho (Angola), Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon), Sadio Diallo (Guinea), Cheick Tidiane Diabate (Mali), Eric Mouloungui (Gabon), Houssine Kharja (Morocco), Mudathir Eltaib Ibrahim (Sudan) and Rainford Kalaba (Zambia).
Meanwhile, Zambia captain Katongo was adjudged the Most Valuable Player of the tournament and strike-partner Mayuka as the top scorer. Mayuka got the nod with the highest number of assists after finishing on three goals apiece with Ivorian Drogba, Manucho, Aubameyang and Diabate.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.