- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
- Organization appeals to Nkrumaists Fraternity to u...
- ECOWAS extraordinary session issues communique
- Heads of State arrive for ECOWAS Extraordinary mee...
- President Mahama advocates fight against terrorism
- Group in Nabdam Constituency accuse MP
- President nominates new Ministers
- President reshuffles Ministers
Category: Politics Created on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 21:47 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 278
Tamale, April 11, GNA – Mr Bright Akwetey, a presidential aspirant of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), has said if elected he would work to make the CPP attractive and appealing to all voters.
Mr Akwetey said his candidacy would work to bring the CPP back to the basics and make it the popular and mass party it had been to enable it to win the December elections.
He said this when addressing a group of CPP delegates and members at a meeting in Tamale on Wednesday as part of his tour of the Northern Region to canvass for votes.
The meeting was attended by delegates and members drawn fromg Savelugu, Tamale North, Tamale South, Tamale Central, Salaga and Kumbungu constituencies.
Mr Awetey said the desire by Ghanaians for a credible third force to replace the two dominant parties, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and the New Patriotic Party (NPP) would be answered when he is voted the flag bearer of the CPP because he stood tall amongst other contenders.
He promised to strengthen national institutions to enable them to function effectively without fear or favour, adding that, the CPP’s return to power would mean showing the NDC and the NPP how to govern properly devoid of insults.
“Ghana needs a better leadership and this can only come from the CPP,” he said.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.