- NPP Youth in U/E declares support for Akuffo Addo
- IDEG urges political parties to formulate realisti...
- President Mahama receives three new envoys
- Buipewura now member of House of Chiefs
- Chiefs call for removal of DCE
- Nana Addo optimistic of NPP's unity
- Accra NPP declare support for Akuf-Addo
- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
Category: Politics Created on Saturday, 14 April 2012 09:17 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 337
Bolgatanga, April 13, GNA - The aspiring flagbearer of the Convention People’s Party(CPP), Mr Bright Akwetey, has said that the party would ensure that Ghana take control of her natural resources and wealth that have been exploited by foreigners.
The aspirant stated this when he met the delegates of the party from the 13 constituencies in the Upper East Region, in Bolgatanga on Thursday
According to Mr Akwetey, the United Nations mandates countries to take sovereignty over the natural resources and wealth, and wondered why Ghana could allow foreigners to exploit its natural resources and only pay 10 per cent of dividend to the country.
‘’ How on earth can the leadership of Ghana, especially the leaderships of the two major political in the past and present will allow foreigners to mine minerals such as gold and bauxite among others and be asked to pay in return 10 per cent of what have been exploited ?”
Mr Akwetey condemned the spate at which the environment especially the water resources were being destroyed by foreign companies, and said the CPP would change the trend to a more positive one when it takes over power.
He expressed dismay about the uneven distribution of development in the country, particularly the three Northern Regions and said could lead to conflict.
Mr Akwetey said: “The CPP will change this situation when given the nod. The CPP will bring back the seven-year development that was started by the founding father of the Party, Dr Kwame Nkrumah, and also ensure that all the natural resources such the recent discovery of oil are refined here since we have the requisite personnel.”
He said a CPP Government under his leadership would ensure that every Ghanaians get access to basic necessities of life such as food, shelter, clothing and health.
Mr Akwety appealed to the delegates to work harder to enable the party secure more votes to win Election 2012 and said that almost all Ghanaians wanted a change since the two major political parties have disappointed them.
He said that talks were ongoing between the People National Convention and the CPP for a merger of the two parties since they share almost the same ideology and vision.
The delegates pledged their support for Mr Akwetey, and appealed to him to ensure that he brings all members on board, to ensure unity for the party.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.