- NPP Youth in U/E declares support for Akuffo Addo
- IDEG urges political parties to formulate realisti...
- President Mahama receives three new envoys
- Buipewura now member of House of Chiefs
- Chiefs call for removal of DCE
- Nana Addo optimistic of NPP's unity
- Accra NPP declare support for Akuf-Addo
- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
Category: Politics Created on Saturday, 21 April 2012 12:17 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 353
Koforidua, April 20, GNA- Mr Bright Akwetey, a presidential aspirant of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), has stated that the CPP was the only hope for Ghana to improve its economy since a CPP administration would be ruthless with corrupt officials.
He said corruption had been a major factor in the setback of the country’s development, leaving many Ghanaians impoverished whiles the politicians and other public office holders amassed wealth at the expense of the state.
Mr Akwetey said with his 35 years experience as a legal practitioner who had worked with the Attorney General’s (AG) Department, he knew the damage that corruption had caused to Ghana and would ensure that it was dealt with when given the nod.
Speaking to some executives of the CPP from the Eastern Region in Koforidua, he appealed to the delegates to give him the mandate to be able to lead the party to win power in the 2012 elections.
He said when given the nod as the flag bearer, he had no doubt that he would steer the affairs of the CPP to win the hearts of many Ghanaians including all “Nkrumahists” to vote the CPP to power in the 2012 elections.
Mr Akwetey said a CPP government under his administration would rely on industrialization to support the economy and therefore would ensure that industries that late President Osagyefo Dr Nkrumah established were revived to create jobs.
He urged all supporters of the party not to be disappointed because there was hope for the CPP to wrestle power from the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Mr Kwaku Zar, the Regional Secretary of the CPP, said Mr Akwetey was a “saviour” to the CPP because of his experience and commitment towards the party and urged the delegates to vote massively for him to win.
He said those who wanted the downfall of the CPP were the ones who had resigned to form a new party adding that Mr Akwetey was the only person who could hold the flag of the CPP to victory.
Mr Zar said the CPP had a history and story to tell in its bid to wrestle power from the NDC and the only person who could tell the story better and give hope for Ghana is Mr Akwetey and called for massive votes for him during the congress.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.