- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
- Organization appeals to Nkrumaists Fraternity to u...
- ECOWAS extraordinary session issues communique
- Heads of State arrive for ECOWAS Extraordinary mee...
- President Mahama advocates fight against terrorism
- Group in Nabdam Constituency accuse MP
- President nominates new Ministers
- President reshuffles Ministers
Category: Politics Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:13 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 809
Accra, April 22, GNA - President John Evans Atta Mills on Saturday left Accra for Washington DC, USA, to attend the International Conservation Caucus Foundation forum.
The President would be the special guest for the event, which is the most important gathering of conservationists including those from non-governmental organisations and governments.
It seeks to promote strong governmental leadership in the sound management of the world’s natural resources, a statement from the Presidency said earlier.
The over 500 invited guests would include other Heads of State, members of President Obama’s Cabinet, members of the U.S Congress, world business leaders and prominent leaders from international NGOs.
A statement signed by Mr Koku Anyidoho, Spokes Person for the President, copied to the GNA in Accra, said: “His Excellency President Atta Mills’ invitation is because of his academic standing on global issues, especially during the period when he was a visiting scholar at the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Liu Institute for Global Issues.”
It said President Mills would also be in New York to meet with the highly influential Business Council For International Understanding.
The President, who was seen off by some Members of Parliament, service personnel and officials from the presidency, is expected back in Accra on Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.