- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
- Organization appeals to Nkrumaists Fraternity to u...
- ECOWAS extraordinary session issues communique
- Heads of State arrive for ECOWAS Extraordinary mee...
- President Mahama advocates fight against terrorism
- Group in Nabdam Constituency accuse MP
- President nominates new Ministers
- President reshuffles Ministers
Category: Politics Created on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 09:18 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 316
Accra, April 23, GNA - The Convention People's Party (CPP) has introduced its Parliamentary Candidate, Dr Kabu Okai-Davies to contest the Parliamentary seat for Klottey Korle at a brief ceremony.
A statement issued in Accra on Monday by Nii Armah Akomfrah, CPP Director of Communication said the event was attended by CPP supporters, Ward and Constituency Executives, CPP Members, Party Executives and CPP sympathisers within the constituency.
Dr Okai-Davies is a Lecturer in Political Science, Communication Studies, African Philosophy, Theatre Studies, Creative Writing and Development Sciences.
He holds a doctorate in Creative Communications and currently pursuing a second doctorate in Political Science.
The author of several books and plays, Dr Okai-Davies intends to bring into the arena of Ghanaian politics a fresh approach to the public discussion on democracy, development, national culture and education, driven by the spirit of positive action, instead of the empty rhetoric that characterise the nature of the current political climate in Ghana.
In a recent interview Dr Okai-Davies reiterated his intention to campaign on a ticket of national transformation, through the mechanism of using politics as a means for the manifestation of positive possibilities for the people of Ghana.
“I intend to use the medium of the arts and culture, public education and mass political communication to galvanise the imagination of the constituency to seek new approaches to solve the myriad of problems facing the constituency.
"Issues of public sanitation, communication of public health, funding for education, traffic management, expanding the creative and hospitality industries within the constituency as a means for job creation, will be central to my politics.
"Klottey Korle Constituency is the capital constituency of Ghana; in this regard I intend to use my candidacy as a platform to bring attention to the fundamental issues of development now facing Ghana.”
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.