- NPP Youth in U/E declares support for Akuffo Addo
- IDEG urges political parties to formulate realisti...
- President Mahama receives three new envoys
- Buipewura now member of House of Chiefs
- Chiefs call for removal of DCE
- Nana Addo optimistic of NPP's unity
- Accra NPP declare support for Akuf-Addo
- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
Category: Politics Created on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 10:32 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 281
Accra, Jan 25, GNA - Dr. Foster Abu Sakara, the running mate of the Convention People’s Party (CPP) in the 2008 elections on Wednesday picked up a nomination form at the Party’s headquarters to contest the flagbearership slot of the CPP.
A statement issued and copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra by him said the decision was to contest for the privilege to lead the CPP into the 2012 general election campaign as its candidate to become the President of the Republic of Ghana.
Dr Abu Sakara, an Independent Consultant, is a specialist in Agriculture and Rural Development with a stellar career in international agricultural development.
It explained that Dr. Abu Sakara’s political affiliation with the Party dated from his late father Mr. S. S. Sakara, who served as a CPP Regional Party Secretary.
It also noted that his father served in Ghana’s first republic as a District Commissioner and Member of Parliament for Damongo-Daboya, West Gonja.
“Dr. Abu Sakara following the tradition of his father has also served the CPP as its Vice Presidential Candidate in the 2008 General elections, first National Vice Chairman and chairman of Organizational Committee from 2007 to 2011,” it added.
The statement said Dr Abu Sakara was passionate about the renewal of the CPP to its restoration to government to transform the lives of ordinary Ghanaians.
It said the vision of Dr. Abu Sakara for Ghana was for it to be “the jewel in Africa’s crown of achievement” giving inspiration to all Africans everywhere to reach their full potential.
This, he claimed could be achieved in the lifetime of his generation if Ghanaians commit themselves to pragmatic choices for good governance, economic growth and social development based on sound time tested principles of freedom, justice for all, equal opportunity and right to work.
According to the contender of the CPP flagbearership the country needed fundamental changes to some systems of governance to empower ordinary people to effectively hold politicians accountable at every level of government in real time and not after the fact.
The 54 years old, said the mistakes of economic policies that lead to unacceptable gaps between rich and poor with all of the attendant social vices must be avoided now.
Dr. Abu Sakara, is married to Mary-Lily Kafela Tigenoah, an Economist and Business Administrator with four children.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.