- Stop creating unhealthy rivalry among candidates
- IEA calls review of EC's 'strong room' structure
- President Mahama arrives in US for UN Session
- Local Government Ministry engages media on action ...
- Advisory Group must stick to roadmap - Amissah-Art...
- Akufo-Addo resumes campaign
- IDEG calls for adoption of Multi–Party Governanc...
- NPP Youth in U/E declares support for Akuffo Addo
- IDEG urges political parties to formulate realisti...
- President Mahama receives three new envoys
- Buipewura now member of House of Chiefs
- Chiefs call for removal of DCE
- Nana Addo optimistic of NPP's unity
- Accra NPP declare support for Akuf-Addo
- President Mahama announces development package for...
Category: Politics Created on Thursday, 30 August 2012 19:43 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 1784
Accra , Aug 30, GNA - The National Democratic Congress (NDC) Special National Delegates Congress, on Thursday endorsed President John Dramani Mahama, as the 2012 Presidential Candidate.
President Mahama, the sole candidate of the party, polled 2, 767 votes, representing 99.5% of total votes cast, to pick the slot for the party.
A total of 14 persons voted against his candidature, while 11 votes were rejected.
The Special Congress was necessitated by the death of former President John Evans Atta MIlls, who was last year elected as Presidential candidate of the party.
Before his election, President Mahama called on the party hierarchy to eschew negative tendencies that undermined the party's unity and progress.
He said instead, the party should adopt effective measures that would help manage all disagreements, in order to win the 2012 polls.
"In our party, like any other human organisation, we are bound to have disagreements, but there is also the need to adopt effective measures that would help us manage those disagreements," he said.
President Mahama pledged to patch up all cracks in the party, particularly with former President Jerry John Rawlings, adding, "the mere presence of our founder here is an indication that our differences are over".
He advised party supporters to exhibit a high level of decorum and decency, in their daily campaign activities.
"NDC is a peaceful political party and you all need to campaign peacefully, by spreading the message out to the people to be vigilant and not violent."
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.