- Chiefs call for removal of DCE
- Nana Addo optimistic of NPP's unity
- Accra NPP declare support for Akuf-Addo
- President Mahama announces development package for...
- Akufo-Addo deserves another chance - Youth Organis...
- President appoints three new Ministers
- Former NDC chairman says institutional corruption ...
- China commends Ghana for her democratic dispensati...
- NDC cadres salute Ghanaians on June 4
- "The scale of blatant corruption is far in excess ...
- June 4th anniversary celebrated in Accra
- Organization appeals to Nkrumaists Fraternity to u...
- ECOWAS extraordinary session issues communique
- Heads of State arrive for ECOWAS Extraordinary mee...
- President Mahama advocates fight against terrorism
Category: Politics Created on Thursday, 13 December 2012 12:14 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 943
Accra, Dec. 12, GNA – The African Youth Command (AYC) has congratulated his Excellency John Dramani Mahama as the President-elect of the Republic of Ghana.
The Command also congratulated all Ghanaians for the peaceful manner they comported themselves during the elections in the face of many challenges posed by the introduction of the biometric voting and verification machines.
A statement issued in Accra and copied to the Ghana News Agency jointly by Mr Joseph Hamilton, Acting General Secretary and Mr Kweku Yakubu, Life Patron, commended the Electoral Commission for the professional manner they conducted the elections.
It called on the President-elect to fulfill all his campaign promises to the people of Ghana and urged him to initiate programmes that would direct the energies of the youth by engaging them in fruitful and productive ventures.
The statement called on the President-elect to champion the fight to place the resources of the nation in the hands of Ghanaians and pursue the progressive agenda for the restoration of the black race.
It also congratulated the government of the ruling National Democratic Congress for winning the 2012 Presidential and Parliamentary elections.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.